Translations available at Google and Microsoft
New Site Design!!!
This new site design is apparently in beta. When you first visit LJ you should have a popup giving you the option to either stick with the new design or go back to the old version.
[Switch back to the old design]Okay, right now there's a bit of a display problem. There's supposed to be a button at the top of the new header that looks like a question mark inside a word balloon, like this:
But some people are seeing a blank space instead:
If you see the question mark, click on it. If you don't see that icon, click on the blank space where it should be. This will bring up a pop-up with a link to switch back to the old version:
[Turn on new design]If you've already dismissed the pop-up but have decided to give the new design a try, there is no link or button you can press. Instead, you need to open a Support request and ask to have new design turned on for your account. I suggest using "Turn on new design" for the summary of your request.
1. All the old site schemes (Horizon, Vertigo, Lanzelot, & Lynx) have been replaced with this new design.
2. Homepage remains functionally the same, with the exception of the notification bar, which has been moved to a sidebar on the friends feed.
3. User profiles have been redesigned again. Interests and vgifts have been hidden in separate tabs and user statistics (userpics, photos, comments, etc...) are now along the side.
4. The new friends feed now has a bunch of customizable widgets, including calendar view, My Guests, new comment notifications and upcoming events, etc...
5. There's a new "Magazine" and that's about all I can really make of it.
Until there's an English-language post about these changes, I recommend leaving any feedback on the post linked at the top of this entry. It doesn't matter that it's written in Russian, or that most of the comments are in Russian. At least this way your feedback will be seen by an actual employee of LJ.
Update 5/16: There's now an English-language post here in lj_releases, though comments have been disabled. There's a clearer explanation about some of the changes. Staff have also asked users to submit bug reports, suggestions, or feedback about the redesign by opening a Support ticket. You can do so in the regular way, making sure to select "redesign" as the category, or if you're using the new design you can click on the speech bubble/question mark icon and click on the leave feedback link. It still might not hurt to leave a comment in the announcement post.