wrote in lj_ru_beta
: http://lj-ru-beta.livejournal.com/9261.htmlTranslations available at Google and Microsoft
* The new version of the homepage that was mentioned last week is now in beta testing.
* Remember, to beta test new features on LJ you can simply follow the instructions in our sticky entry
* When you first visit the homepage after turning on beta there will be a brief guided tour explaining new features. I accidentally closed the tour while trying to copy some text, so if someone would like copy it into the comments that'd be great.
* The general look has been updated to better match the new site design created by Lebedev Studio. (1)
* At the top is a new notification center divided into three sections (5):
** On the left are "events" - vgifts, birthdays, new friends, private messages, etc...
** In the middle are the recent comments. It's showing me the four most-recent comments made to both my journal and to a community entry I made, but the heading links to Recent Comments
which only shows comments made to your personal journal.
** On the right it shows the last four visitors to my journal, even though I have My Guests
turned off which means I'm not supposed to show up a list of visitors and I'm not supposed to see who visited my journal either.
* Just below the notification center is the search bar, a few buttons to the left to subscribe to the LJ Top 15 entries on a variety of services (3), and options for display of the ratings below (4).
** These options include: Show/Hide multiple posts from the same account - if you choose to hide multiple posts, the ratings will only display a single entry per journal or community.
Show/Hide posts from friends - entries (personal entries only) by your friends will be hidden or shown in the ratings.
Show/Hide hidden posts - The default is to use your custom blacklist
to block personal journals and communities from the ratings. You can click Show to temporarily show these entries, and they will be displayed as greyed-out to differentiate them from the entries that would have shown up in personal ratings.
* Below all this there's a community spotlight type section, the ratings section itself, and a Top Journals & Top Communities sidebar.
* It appears that the editors' picks section (6) and ratings categories (2) are Cyrillic-only features.
* There's supposed to be some feature giving information about a user's position in the rankings, but either I'm too low to appear or it's a Cyrillic-only feature.